HSS Healthcare Security Compliance Solutions
HSS is a leader in helping customers meet the many challenges of healthcare security compliance.
The Joint Commission (TJC)
HSS is a nationally recognized leader in applying TJC compliance strategies to customer security programs.
- We can take responsibility for planning all TJC Environment of Care requirements related to security.
- The Annual Effectiveness Review we prepare for customers every year is considered a “best practice” by numerous TJC surveyors.
- HSS leadership participates in 10-20 TJC surveys every year and summarizes their experiences for all customers, including:
- TJC surveyor questions to security and facility staff members. (Facilities are not identified, surveyors are.)
- Surveyor comments at the Environment of Care meeting.
- Lessons learned from each survey.
- Common survey themes.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA)
We help you ensure protection of your patients’ health information as stipulated by HIPAA, the Privacy Act of 1974, and your facility’s patient privacy requirements.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
Our long-term experience watching and managing at-risk patient behavior gives you a significant advantage in meeting CMS guidelines for Seclusion and Restraint of at-risk patients. In fact, HSS pioneered a new healthcare professional designation — Behavioral Security Technician (BeST™) specifically in response to healthcare providers’ need for help with caring for these patients.
Occupational Health and Safety Administration (OSHA/Cal-OSHA)
Your HSS security program will incorporate required guidelines for prevention of workplace violence in healthcare. We train our security officers to be an effective deterrent and, if need be, an efficient responder to incidents.
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
HSS is a leader in applying the principles of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children’s “For prevention of and response to infant abductions in healthcare settings” program—and we’re dedicated to providing the highest level of protection for your smallest patients.