Hospital Emergency Management Planning & Compliance Review
Hospital Emergency Management Planning
HSS EM Solutions has developed a comprehensive host of preparedness and response plans to support a facility’s Emergency Management Program. These planning documents include:
- Emergency Management Plan (EMP)
- Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
- Hazard Vulnerability Analysis (HVA)
- Loss of Community Support (96-hour requirement)
- Patient Decontamination
- Active Shooter/Hostage
- Hospital Evacuation
- Healthcare Surge & Pandemic
- Mass Fatality Management
- Business Continuity Planning a.k.a. Continuity of Operations Planning (COOP)
- Corporate-level and healthcare system Incident Command Structure
Hospital Emergency Management Compliance Review
HSS EM Solutions’ Compliance Review is a comprehensive evaluation of a healthcare facility’s Emergency Management Program, preparedness and mitigation activities, and compliance with applicable accreditation to include those standards/ rules from: The Joint Commission (TJC), Det Norske Veritas (DNV), and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). The ultimate result of this comprehensive project is to identify and support the fundamental building blocks of a compliant and functional Emergency Management Program, able to mitigate the risk to an organization’s patients, staff, and business livelihood. The Improvement Plan provided as a deliverable of this project provides healthcare facilities with a practical set of recommendations to become better prepared, supported by the best practices and lessons learned, identified through HSS’ work with facilities across the country.
The EM Compliance Review is completed via the following process:
- The review is initiated with a remote evaluation of the organization’s Emergency Operations Plan, and supporting EM policies/documents.
- A HSS healthcare EM professional conducts a review of After Action Reports and Improvement Plans, from the last several exercises, to identify any trends or recurring opportunities.
- The Compliance Review continues onsite, with a series of interviews with key EM stakeholders (including the EM Subcommittee), and a tour of the facility to evaluate alternate care sites, decontamination resources, surge capabilities, and the Hospital Command Center.
- The project is concluded with a thorough Gap Analysis and Improvement plan, inclusive of best practices and realistic solutions for the identified areas of opportunity.