The 6th edition of Hospital and Healthcare Security (Elsevier) by HSS COO Tony York and Paladin Security Group COO Don MacAlister is now available. A regular contributor to the advancement of the healthcare security field, York is an internationally recognized industry expert, as well as a frequent lecturer and author on healthcare security and leadership. The definitive book for healthcare security professionals to use in creating safe healing environments, Hospital and Healthcare Security is “the best single resource for the healthcare security practitioner,” according to an ASIS International review.
Whether the reader is looking for healthcare security basics or guidance on topics of higher expertise, the book speaks to a wide audience: healthcare security supervisors, managers, and directors; facility directors, risk managers, safety and emergency staff; healthcare administrators; vendors of healthcare security products and services; and students of healthcare administration and criminal justice.
To keep current with industry developments, the new edition includes added emphasis on:
- The present state of healthcare security, addressing such issues as data security and patient privacy
- Best practices in mitigating patient-generated violence
- New insights and advancements in emergency management
- Metrics that validate the importance of healthcare security
- Facility design that ensures safety and security as well as quality care delivery
- Tips to help security professionals stay up-to-date on best practices and new technologies
With a variety of topics presented in an easy-to-understand format, Hospital and Healthcare Security, 6th Edition, provides a fresh perspective for healthcare security professionals to better prepare for security issues before they occur. Click here to purchase your copy.